Greenville University is seeking a Mailroom Supervisor to join our team! The Mailroom Supervisor is responsible for insuring that the University's student and employee mail is received, tracked and distributed, outgoing mailings are metered, tracked and picked-up by the post office, and printing, binding, padding and laminating projects are received, completed, billed and distributed. The Mailroom supervisor recruits and manages a team of 3-5 student workers. This position requires attention to detail, confidentiality, time-sensitivity and an independent work-ethic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and track incoming mail and packages
- Efficiently sort and distribute employee and student mail to boxes
- Meter outgoing mail using a postal meter
- Return and forward mail for former students and employees
- Manage relationships with vendors such as USPS, FedEx, UPS, Pitney Bowes
- Assist with the regular assessment of customer service and mailroom services, adapting services and processes as needed
- Manage the assignment and distribution of mailroom keys to employees and students
- Bill offices and students for services and fines
- Manage printing, binding, laminating and padding projects submitted by various campus offices
- Hire, supervise and review a student worker team of up to five workers
- Manage online budgets, timecards and work orders
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, required
- Experience with Outlook, Excel, Word and web based databases required
- Experience with mailroom systems
- Mail meter experience preferred
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to be creative, organized and self-directed
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and time-sensitive projects
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Greenville University
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Greenville University is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.
Your application has been successfully submitted.