Executive Assistant (Full-Time)
Greenville University is hiring! If you are looking to further your professional career, look no further. The Executive Assistant is
responsible for providing a range of administrative support and coordination of projects for the Executive Leadership Team. This team includes the Chief Academic Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Culture & Diversity Officer. The executive assistant plays a critical role in the smooth and effective functioning of the executive leadership team.
The selected candidate would be responsible for maintaining high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion and independent judgment for both internal and external contacts; including the Board of Trustees. This selected candidate must be able to effectively prioritize tasks and manage highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines and pressures.
- Maintain efficient daily operations: Prepares responses, correspondence, meeting materials, schedules/travel arrangements, and other forms of communications such as processing mail.
- Maintains positive relationships with faculty, staff, students, consultants, and other internal or external constituents.
- Process correspondence relative to academic performance of students: Prepare all letters to students dismissed, placed on probation, etc.; Prepare all letters to students on Dean’s List
- Provide administrative support to faculty search processes: Prepare advertisements for faculty searches; develop on-campus interview schedules for candidates as well as travel arrangements and housing accommodations; communicate with applicants in a timely fashion
- Reconciles, processes, reviews, maintains, and submits as required the following: Invoices, Check Requests, Purchase Orders, Contracts, and Expense Reports.
- Performs standard office tasks such as answering telephones, filing, ordering of supplies, faxing and copying, and booking meeting rooms.
- Undertakes special assignments or projects on a wide variety of responsibilities as assigned by the executive team or director.
Qualifications: The candidate should have the ability to:
- Two or more years of experience in office procedures, data compilation and record maintenance.
- Must have the ability to observe and maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must be proficient, detail-oriented and accurate to assist in running a smooth office environment.
- Must demonstrate creativity, flexible, foresight and mature judgement in anticipating and solving problems and in dealing with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to interface with all levels of company personnel and a variety of personalities in a professional manner.
- Work with good humor and maintain a positive outlook.
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel records correspondence, and other aspects of the office
- Advanced computer skills including the use of word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and accounting/finance programs desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication (including proofreading).
- Strong Customer Service background.
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Be supportive of the Christian mission of Greenville University as described in the Administrative Staff Handbook.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current by reading professional journals and literature, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as appropriate.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time while working at a computer and/or writing.
- Must be able to communicate well with others; students, staff and faculty.
- Must be able to handle high level of stress in a useful, constructive manner.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Greenville University is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.
Your application has been successfully submitted.