GU Central Administrative Assistant
Greenville University is seeking an outgoing and engaging Administrative Assistant to join our team! The GU Central Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing GU Central’s front desk, as well as supporting the offices within GU Central and the mailroom
- Ensure that Greenville Central is responsive, friendly and courteous toward students, prospective students, parents, and employees in other offices.
- Sort and deliver office mail (may oversee student worker to complete task).
- Answer and redirect (as necessary) emails and phone calls.
- Will familiarize with university policies to field general inquiries, including payments, withdrawals and refunds; academics; and institutional, state, and federal financial aid policies.
- Assist the Cashier with duties as needed; including receipting, check cashing, and transportation (fleet vehicle key distribution) as needed.
- Assists Student Accounts with monthly reconciliations, journal entries and other EX functions as needed.
- Assist with communication including telephone, e-mail and written communication with former students and their families, collection agencies, lawyers, and our external billing service personnel.
- Oversee Mail room student workers and general operations including:
- Ensuring that the College’s student and employee mail is received, tracked and distributed, outgoing mailings are metered, tracked and picked-up by the post office, and printing, binding, padding and laminating projects are received, completed, billed and distributed. The Mailroom supervisor recruits and manages a team of 3-5 student workers.
- Be available to assist with weekend events such as New Student Orientation and Commencement, Panther Registration Days, etc..
- Scheduling rooms
- Utilize and first responder to fresh desk ticketing system for email inquiries into the GU central offices
- Support GU Central departments as needed (Records, Financial Aid, and Student Accounts)
- Special projects and working with other teams across campus as assigned
- Two or more years of experience in office procedures, data compilation and record maintenance.
- Must be proficient, detail-oriented and accurate to assist in running a smooth office environment.
- Must demonstrate creativity, flexible, foresight and mature judgement in anticipating and solving problems and in dealing with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external contacts.
- Respectful to the Christian faith.
- Works well independently, and as a team player.
- Ability to supervise student workers.
- A working knowledge of software applications, including but not limited to, Excel, Word.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment. Multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Work with good humor and maintain a positive outlook.
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel records correspondence, and other aspects of the office
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of two college years completed. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Greenville University is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.
Your application has been successfully submitted.