Assistant Restaurant Manager
Food Safety and Planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Must be ServSafe certified.
- Will uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs.
- Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- High school Diploma is required
- Most hold a valid drivers license
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record keeping, and preparation of reports.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage, and labor costs while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Keeps Manager of Auxiliary services promptly and fully informed of all issues. (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Working Conditions
- Hours may vary if a manager must fill in for his/her employees or if emergencies arise.
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operate phones.
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Greenville University is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.
Your application has been successfully submitted.