Campus Safety Officer (full and part time avail)
Come join Greenville University and play a critical role in the safety and well being of our community. GU Campus Safety officers are unarmed officers responsible for protecting students, faculty, staff, and visitors of Greenville University. They are charged with maintaining the security of campus through patrols, incident reports, and interactions with the community. Additionally, Campus Safety officers provide assistance to the GU community through safety escorts, room lockout assistance, and emergency vehicle assistance. For full time positions, benefits include paid time off, free tuition, medical, dental, vision, and retirement plan.
1. Must be 18 years of age and have a High School diploma or equivalent
2. Must pass a complete personal and criminal background check
3. Must have a valid driver’s license and be approved to operate university assigned vehicles
4. Must be able to walk stairs and conduct prolonged foot patrols indoors and out in various weather conditions
5. Must be able to assist with the rescue of injured or ill persons
6. Must be able to work varying shifts
7. Must be willing to be trained in CPR, AED, first aid and other emergency response or safety related trainings as needed
8. Must successfully complete in-house field training program
9. Must obtain Professional Employee Registration (PERC) card through the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation or equivalent within 6 months of employment.
10. Must display proficiency in English verbal and written communications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.