Job Title: Production Assistant II
- Follow Marcoot Jersey Creamery (MJC) policies and procedures
- Accurately and efficiently assist cheesemaker with cheese making, aging duties
- Complete duties in a timely manner
- Assist in various products including cheese and frozen products
- Complete deliveries to St. Louis area as necessary
- Provide on the job training for new hires in accordance to MJC policies and procedures
- Assist with packaging and distribution of cheese as assigned.
- Complete daily cleaning of production utensils, equipment, and area,
- Assist Tour Director with tours and on-farm events as assigned.
- Maintain Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Plan (HACCP) as well as Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) for designated products and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Always prioritize safety/health above all other job duties by having a safety-first approach.
- Report any safety/health issues, observations, opportunities to your teams and follow up.
- Participate in departmental teams including but not limited to the Safety Team as deemed appropriate.
- Complete annual Company safety training program(s).
- Complete annual training as deemed appropriate.
- Promote Company Culture of Honesty, Integrity, Respect for all persons, Food Safety, and Customer Service.
- As other duties as assigned
- Following MJC policies and procedures
- Conduct yourself with honesty and integrity
● High School or equivalent educational level
● Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of high school or more
● A minimum of 1 years’ experience in progressively responsible production experience as in food production assistant, customer service or preferred in agricultural related field
- Meet the federal regulatory guidelines regarding free of disease and disease carrier organisms
- United States Citizen in good standing with law enforcement
- Maintain a drug-free and chemical-free working environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Ability to provide supervisory guidance in accordance to MJC’s standard operations procedures
● Ability and willingness to provide accurate on the job training for new employees
● Ability and desire to maintain composure and act to maintain control of situation in stressful situations
● Ability to supervise and lead employees to successfully complete assigned duties at MJC
● Mathematical skills to accurately complete customer transactions in the retail store
● Ability to successfully organization and execute multiple tasks simultaneously
● Knowledge of computer basics (Microsoft Office)
● Self-starter with strong self-motivation
● Ability to follow detailed processes exactly
● Ability to be flexible
● Ability to speak and read English language fluently
● Ability to communicate (listen and speak) effectively
● Ability to read, understand and implement effectively regulatory, consumer and third-party auditor guidelines and requirements
● Ability to lift at least 50 pounds consistently
● Ability to carry 35 pounds 200 yards
● Ability to work in temperatures to -20 degrees Fahrenheit for short 30 minutes or less at a time
● Ability to work standing on concrete floors for a minimum of 4 hours at a time
● Ability to work with dairy products
Your application has been successfully submitted.