Customer Service Advocate
Remote Opportunity -- 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Provides customer service regarding shipment/delivery, returns, credit, order status, corrections, and other customer concerns.
- Proactively raise issues with customer, such as:
- Process holds, track & process backorders
- Manual touches (e.g. updating portals with tracking)
- Address ad-hoc customer requests, such as:
- Guide customers on self-service options
- Provide quotes, pricing and freight estimates
- Complete order entry
- Provide credit validation / reconciliation
- Address sample and product shopping requests
- Conduct stock checks and vendor/item inquiries
- Issue resolution (delivery issues, credits, returns)
- Managing inbound and outbound phone calls and email
- Track requests against service level limitations, and manage communications protocol around unavailable services
- Address bids routed from sales
- Follow up on and track customer satisfaction
- Route customer master, specialized reporting, custom account modification requests and specialized items to Sales Ops or Competency Center as appropriate
- Works with internal software and database to update customer order status.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Relationship development with assigned customers
- Competency in completion of care services that can be provided without manual effort (e.g. quotes)
- Mastery of efficient completion of care services that can be provided without manual effort (e.g. quotes)
- Competency in addressing the range of care requests requiring manual efforts
- Tight coordination with other paired resources (sales) to ensure complementary efforts
- Proactive issue identification & resolution
- Strong problem solving, communication and customer service skills
- Familiarity with service level limitations & addressing the range of care requests requiring manual efforts
- Ability to communicate with customers (internal/external) and create a positive image of the Company.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize assignments.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment skills and apply general rules to specific situations.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and phone skills.
- Industry knowledge is desirable.
- Basic computer proficiency including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access). Siebold tracking tool knowledge helpful.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Prior 6 months to 1 year of customer service or internal care related experience preferred
- Remote experience is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.