Diesel Technician Apprentice
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Love’s, our values go beyond our name. We look for those same values in our people. Our network of travel stops is growing at a tremendous rate as we continue to be the leader in highway hospitality.
The Love’s Truck Care and Speedco Diesel Mechanic Apprentice program is a company paid training program designed to provide apprentices with classroom, on the job training (OJT) and computer-based training opportunities while working towards certification as a Love’s/Speedco diesel mechanic.
In the apprentice program, you can expect to learn about:
- Electrical diagnostics and repairs
- Air conditioning & heating diagnostics and repairs
- Wheel end assembly diagnostics and repairs
- Air system diagnostics and repairs
- Air brakes diagnostics and repairs
- Charging system diagnostics and repairs
- Basic computer diagnostics and auxiliary component replacement
- Parts lookup and acquisition
How You’ll Fit In:
The diesel mechanic apprentice will work closely with our Diesel Mechanics to get our customers back on the road quickly. In this role you will:
- Assist customers with roadside services
- Learn preventative maintenance services
- Assist in keeping our locations clean
You must have the following:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends or holidays
- Possess a valid driver’s license and pass a drug screen
- Capability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, working in close quarters
- Always put the safety and satisfaction of your customers first, complying with company safety policies & procedures
We offer benefits that can’t be beat!
- 100% of the training is covered by the company
- Complete set of tools and toolbox that are yours to keep after completing the program
- Opportunity to learn a skilled trade while earning a paycheck!
- Competitive pay (paid weekly)
- Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance Plans
- Flexible Scheduling
- Holiday pay
- Opportunity to earn additional commission
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Company provided uniforms
From the founding of Love’s, our leaders have been passionate about providing excellent customer experiences and helping our Team Members grow. We do both within a culture of respect and inclusion. In order to sustain this culture, we will welcome individuals who are diverse in experiences, age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and physical or mental ability. Also, we are committed to sustaining a professional working environment where ALL people feel respected. By doing these things we will cultivate a diversity of thought and a spirit of innovation.
Get started today by filling out an application!
Job Function(s): Truck Tire Care
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
Your application has been successfully submitted.