Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM), is a global leader in the building materials industry. We've been around since 1917. In just the past six years, our company has grown by nearly 70%.
If you love a good challenge, you'll fit right in.
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager to join our Carlisle Syntec manufacturing team in Greenville, IL.
In this role, the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for the management and “line of sight ownership focus” for all the Maintenance functions at the Greenville plant. This includes accountability for the safety of all the Maintenance personnel as well as the performance of all Maintenance to support both production and the rest of the Plant's operations. This role will be responsible for overseeing maintenance staff on three rotating shifts as well as the Maintenance Planning and CMMS functions, and contracted janitorial service. This will also include all aspects of safety performance for the department, personnel management and discipline, training, budgeting, cost controls for equipment repair and replacement, cost reduction suggestions and continuous improvement. The Maintenance Manager will also be responsible for developing a strong team environment with clear and effective communications to build a customer focused department. This role serves as a key interface with a variety of personnel including Production, Engineering, Shipping, Quality Services, etc.
- Safety of all mechanics, maintenance of all equipment and support of overall operations
- Supervision, coaching and development of mechanics and subordinates
- Providing quality services to all “customers” in all departments
- Controlling and monitoring of equipment costs and maintaining historical data and information
- Continuous Improvement
- Ultimate ownership of the Maintenance SQDC board
- Countermeasure identification and resolution
- Participation in daily boardwalk process
- Sustainment of continuous improvement initiatives, countermeasures, and kaizen events
- Short and Long-Term Department Planning and Development
- Support COS Steering Committee and Initiatives
Environment is generally in an office and in the various manufacturing settings throughout the Plant. Must be comfortable going into any environment that a Mechanic would be asked to go into. The job itself can be very stressful at times and can require a fast pace. Priorities change quickly and the person must be able to adapt and prioritize appropriately.
- Generally core hours of 7:00am to 5:00pm can be expected. However, may need to come into the Plant at any time if major issues occur.
- Generally Monday through Friday although weekends may be required to support production or for major equipment breakdowns.
- This position requires the person to be "On Call" 24/7 due to the nature of the operation which may involve situations that need to answered or advised regardless of the time of day.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical discipline with specialization in Mechanical/Electrical or an Associates degree in a related technical discipline with proven track record of increasing responsibility in a manufacturing leadership role
- 5+ years of experience within manufacturing in a Maintenance Management/Supervisory role. Experience leading a three-shift operation preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and time management experience with the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with MS Office and a maintenance planning & performance system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of associated regulatory requirements
- A good understanding of Maintenance development programs, preventive maintenance practices, TPM, best practices, and standardization
- Strong conflict management skills
When you join CCM, you'll become part of a team that looks out for you, listens to your ideas and appreciates your work. We think we've got something pretty special here, and our employees seem to agree.
Employees also enjoy some of these great benefits!
Time off -- Hard work should be rewarded. You'll receive paid vacation and a generous amount of paid holidays.
Healthcare -- We offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle. CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost.
Retirement Fund -- Save for your retirement with a traditional or Roth 401k. We'll match a portion of your contribution starting on your first day of work.
Training -- We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
Tuition Reimbursement -- Ready to get the degree? We'll pick up 90% of your tuition cost.
Unlimited Free Coffee!!!
Your application has been successfully submitted.