Carlisle Construction Materials Incorporated, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology, has immediate openings for full time Maintenance Technicians at the Greenville, IL location.
- EXCELLENT STARTING RATE: $25.95-$34.14/hr (rate based on experience and education at time of hire)
- $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS
3 shift rotation required, shifts rotate every 2 weeks
Continuous Education & On-the-Job Training: As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must agree to continuous education and on-the-job training toward completion of a Vari-Skills 5-year program. The actual length of the program will be reduced by credits given for prior experience and education. All tuition and fees are paid by Carlisle and the employee has input on the school to attend and the courses to be taken.
Under the Supervisor's direction, perform a wide variety of tasks to maintain the grounds, facility and all related equipment. Primary responsibilities are to minimize equipment downtime and perform all tasks in a safe manner with quality as a major objective.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot problems on all production related equipment.
- Perform scheduled repairs on all production related equipment.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on all production related equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair or notify management of a need for contracted service for vehicle, forklift and other powered equipment problems.
- Understanding of Compressor/Boiler operation.
- Knowledge of Fire System -Tamper alarms - PIV's - Flow switches - etc.
- Daily oral and written communication.
- Assist other Technicians when possible and help cover their areas when they aren't available.
- Perform roof repairs on an emergency, scheduled or preventive nature.
- Troubleshoot and repair or notify management of a need for contracted service for HVAC, MAU or chiller problems.
When you join CCM, you'll become part of a team that looks out for you, listens to your ideas and appreciates your work. We think we've got something pretty special here, and our employees seem to agree.
Employees also enjoy some of these great benefits!
Time off -- Hard work should be rewarded. You'll receive paid vacation, sick time, and a generous amount of paid holidays.
Healthcare -- We offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle. CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost.
Retirement Fund -- Save for your retirement with a traditional or Roth 401k. We'll match a portion of your contribution starting on your first day of work.
Training -- We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
Tuition Reimbursement -- Ready to get the degree? We'll pick up 90% of your tuition cost.
Idea Teams -- You can be part of helping us solve some of our toughest challenges or developing the next break-through innovation.
Unlimited Coffee -- Caffeine fuels some of the best ideas.
Essential Full Performance Knowledge
Required knowledge includes, but is not limited to:
- Knowledge of basic welding and machining practices.
- Knowledge of the operations of hydraulics and pneumatics and their applications.
- Basic knowledge of three phase electricity, relay logic, direct current, and PLC fundamentals.
- Knowledge of all aspects of mechanics and the proper procedures to apply successfully.
- Knowledge of all safe working procedure JSA's applicable to a maintenance job in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Knowledge of and proper use of Hot Work permits.
- Knowledge of and proper application of Lock Out/Tag Out and Permit Required Entry practices and forms.
Essential Full Performance Skills
Required skills include but are not limited to:
- Listening/Reading-ability to listen to a complaint or read a work order and determine the problem and corrective action.
- Print reading- can read all types of prints with a full understanding whether they are electrical, mechanical, etc.
- Writing- can fill out work orders properly and completely plus other writing needed to provide communications.
- Troubleshooting- possesses ability to look at problems in a logical manner to identify possible solutions.
- Skills- ability to operate a PC to look at PLC programs for the current and future facility and production related equipment. Complete knowledge and use of current and future Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Research parts and vendor info as needed to service, repair or modify equipment or components.
- Essential Full Performance Skills to Operate
- Milling machines
- Drill press
- Gas acetylene torch
- Hydraulic press
- Tiger lift
- Gas powered pump
- Band saw
Physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- Climbing to the top of the silo to make repairs to the slide gates or bucket elevator.
- Balance when working in live electrical cabinets using the one hand method.
- Stooping to work on transfer pumps for oil storage tanks.
- Walking from the shop to all areas of the plant to work on all types of equipment.
- Lifting pumps and motors from the floor to the workbench not to exceed 70 lbs.
- Crawling under the calender spindles to service the hydraulic units.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Two-year technical degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Electricity, Electronic Automation, or Control Systems Technology -- or -- three years of Industrial Electrical experience
- Competency in Industrial Electricity and/or Electronics a plus
- General Maintenance skills in pneumatics, hydraulics, welding and machine shop practice
- Ability to pass all standardized basic skills and Maintenance-specific testing
- Strong communication (verbal & written) skills, ability to work in a Team environment.
- Willingness to participate in on-the-job and theoretical training program
- The ability to work a swing shift schedule
- Knowledge of CMMS a plus
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must agree to completion of the Vari-Skills 5-year program in a reasonable time frame. Credit for prior experience and education may be given toward the 5-year program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.