Graduate Assistant Coach - Soccer
The Greenville University Men's Soccer program is seeking applicants for the appointment of Graduate Assistant Coach. This Graduate Assistant will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the Men's Soccer program as well as secondary responsibilities assigned by the Athletic Director. This is a 12-month position.
Compensation includes a stipend, meals, and a tuition waiver for a master’s program at Greenville University.
To be eligible for the Graduate Assistant position, applicants must complete the Greenville University graduate program application, receive provisional acceptance, and enroll in a Greenville University graduate program. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship as all Greenville University Graduate Programs are offered online only.
Greenville University is a NCAA Division III institution, located outside of St. Louis. Greenville University is an evangelical Christian liberal arts college associated with the Free Methodist Church, whose faculty and staff affirm a Statement of Faith.
The Graduate Assistant (GA) Coach of Greenville University’s NCAA Division III Soccer program is an integral member of the Athletic Department at Greenville University. This individual must be committed to the Athletic Department mission to foster Christian Character, Athletic Development, and Academic Achievement in a Christ-Centered Community.
The GA works primarily with the head coach, associate head coach and student-athletes to ensure that each Greenville University student-athlete and prospective student-athlete receives a quality experience. This opportunity requires the availability to work a variable schedule which may include nights and weekends. Hours will be determined by mutual agreement and work to best accommodate the GA’s academic schedule as well as the needs of the soccer program. The GA will gain experience and learn skills necessary to be better equipped for a potential future career in coaching.
Graduate Assistant’s (GA) are students, not employees of the university.
- GA’s may not hold other on-campus employment.
- GA’s will maintain continuous enrollment in the degree program at all times
- GA’s must maintain an accumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.0
- Tuition scholarship, stipend, and meals are subject to applicable taxes.
- Assistant Head Coach: assist in practices and games
- Recruiting: coordinate recruiting activities including emails, phone calls, and letters, maintain the recruit database, and manage social media
- Academics: monitor academic progress of players
- Administrate student workers
- Oversee compliance of NCAA paperwork regulations
- Spiritual Development: lead Bible studies and mentor players
- Game Day Management responsibilities as assigned by the Athletic Department.
- Bachelors Degree and acceptance into Graduate Program.
- Collegiate soccer playing experience.
- USSF License or United Soccer Coaches Diploma
- Previous coaching experience
- Ability to train Goalkeepers
Your application has been successfully submitted.