Cashiers are responsible for responding to customer inquiries, providing support throughout their shopping experience in-person and over the phone, processing sales using a cash register, obtaining different methods of payment, and addressing customer complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process customer transactions using scanner and POS system
- Collect payment from customers and make change for cash transactions
- Give printed receipts and invoices to customer
- Refer customer complaints to management
- Safety awareness of anything in store that may be hazard to employees or customers
- Balance cash drawer
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Stock merchandise on shelves at the front lanes
- Bring in carts from outside
- Additional duties, as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality
- Must possess strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to:
- Multi-task, coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Effectively communicate with customers, in-person and over the phone
- Demonstrate initiative and effective problem-solving skills within the scope of the position
- Prioritize, accurately multi-task, adhere to deadlines, and learn in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with a “legal” disability to perform the essential functions of this position. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.