Sales associates work closely with customers and provide them with product knowledge in terms of features, warranties, special discounts or deals, and any additional information about the product. They should maintain the visual appearance of the store by managing store displays and keep up with trends and competition. Retail sales associates are expected to create and maintain a long-term relationship with the customers in order to achieve sales goals and represent the store in a positive manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers, determine their needs/wants, and recommend merchandise
- Advise customers on utilization and care of merchandise, as needed.
- Answer any customer questions or concerns in a prompt and friendly manner
- Stock and recover merchandise
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Operate pallet jacks and forklifts, as needed
- Ensure proper signage is in place throughout assigned department
- General use of computer to check prices and inventories
- Assist with inventory preparation
- Create special orders, as needed
- Safety awareness of anything in store that may be hazard to employees or customers
- Promptly handle any customer complaints, questions, or concerns in a professional and friendly manner
- Bring in carts from outside
- Additional duties, as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality
- Must possess strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to:
- Effectively communicate with customers, in-person and over the phone
- Maintain a pleasant and calm disposition under stress
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrate initiative and effective problem-solving skills within the scope of the position
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with a “legal” disability to perform the essential functions of this position. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.