Do whatever is necessary to make a good first impression and make people feel welcome as they visit the building. The appearance and care of our buildings and grounds is a witness of our love for God. Our well cared for facilies communicate to our members and community that we are giving our best to God in every area of our lives. Caring for our facilies is part of being a good steward. People will want to connue to aend our services and events in part because our building and grounds are well kept and safe.
● At least 18 years of age
● Reliable transportation and a cell phone
● Clean background check is needed to ensure you can visit all areas of our facility
● Experience in cleaning and maintenance is preferred Job Responsibilities/Tasks:
● Arrive promptly when you are scheduled and clock-in & out. You will be given a monthly schedule.
● Dress appropriately for the events that day.
● Check entries inside and out – windows/doors, occasional snow removal, floors, trash.
● Unlock/ lock doors and arm/ disarm the alarm.
● Maintain a comfortable temperature in the building.
● Dispose of trash and recycling.
● Maintain clean bathrooms.
● Check the calendar and communicate with your supervisor if you have questions about the event.
● Take pride in the work you do to keep the building appearance exceptional.
● Other dues as assigned on the “Custodian Dues” checklist depending on your scheduled areas. Proposed Schedule:
● Friday (every other) noon- 3 p.m. (when all dues are complete) or 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (when all dues are complete)
● Saturday unlock by 8 a.m. with a flexible schedule until 8 p.m. in the evening.
● Sunday 11 am-12:30 p.m. and again flexible in the evening depending on activities On average a total of 15 hours is typical with some variation and flexibility. From me to me activities are scheduled later in the evening which require custodial staff to work longer hours. This is not typical, but possible. Weddings are paid separately at $50 per occurrence (you will clock-out when cleaning after a wedding).
All supporting custodial staff reports directly to the Head Custodian and ultimately to the Executive Pastor and the Church Board. Dues, schedules and questions should go to the Head Custodian before others are involved.
Your application has been successfully submitted.