Customer Service Advocate
Customer Service Advocate (9:30AM-6PM - REMOTE OPPORTUNITY!)
• Provides customer service regarding shipment/delivery, returns, credit, order status, corrections, and other customer concerns.
• Proactively raise issues with customer, such as:
• Process holds, track & process backorders
• Manual touches (e.g. updating portals with tracking)
• Address ad-hoc customer requests, such as:
• Guide customers on self-service options
• Provide quotes, pricing and freight estimates
• Complete order entry
• Provide credit validation / reconciliation
• Address sample and product shopping requests
• Conduct stock checks and vendor/item inquiries
• Issue resolution (delivery issues, credits, returns)
• Managing inbound and outbound phone calls and email
• Track requests against service level limitations, and manage communications protocol around unavailable services
• Address bids routed from sales
• Follow up on and track customer satisfaction
• Route customer master, specialized reporting, custom account modification requests and specialized items to Sales Ops or Competency Center as appropriate
• Works with internal software and database to update customer order status.
• Understands and demonstrates Essendant Core Values.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Relationship development with assigned customers
• Competency in completion of care services that can be provided without manual effort (e.g. quotes)
• Mastery of efficient completion of care services that can be provided without manual effort (e.g. quotes)
• Competency in addressing the range of care requests requiring manual efforts
• Tight coordination with other paired resources (sales) to ensure complementary efforts
• Proactive issue identification & resolution
• Strong problem solving, communication and customer service skills
• Familiarity with service level limitations & addressing the range of care requests requiring manual efforts
• Ability to communicate with customers (internal/external) and create a positive image of the Company.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and organize assignments.
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment skills and apply general rules to specific situations.
• Demonstrated high level of initiative with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and phone skills.
• Industry knowledge is desirable.
• Basic computer proficiency including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access). Siebold tracking tool knowledge helpful.
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Prior 6 months to 1 year of customer service or internal care related experience preferred
• Remote experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c
Your application has been successfully submitted.