Perform skilled and semi-skilled duties in the maintenance, repair and construction of Greenville University buildings and equipment using carpentry, electrical, mechanical, piping, and masonry processes. Inspects, installs, adjusts, modifies and repairs building and infrastructure systems; assesses condition of fixtures and parts; replaces parts; makes purchases of new parts and supplies; works with contractors to complete a variety of projects, as assigned; services, repairs and maintains vehicles and equipment; participates in cleaning and painting; performs routine inspections on a regular basis to verify that equipment and systems are in proper working operating order; drives a motor vehicle to various work sites; picks up and delivers materials and equipment; cleans and maintains the maintenance shop and related work areas. Benefits include free tuition waiver for employee and dependents.
Qualifications: Must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily. These requirements are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· High school diploma required.
· Trade or technical school, or apprenticeship in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, or HVAC systems preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of related maintenance experience preferably in a college environment with demonstrated and verifiable skills in the area of physical plant operations, including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, building structure and envelope maintenance.
· Must possess and maintain a valid Illinois state vehicle operator license.
· Agree with and enthusiastically support the lifestyle, theology, and mission of Greenville University.
· A team player willing to assist others and contribute to the goals of the department on a continual basis.